Handy and Expensive
I just left a home in Denton where a previous tenant had helped the landlord make repairs to his rental home. When some appliances started to fail and the breakers sizzled and popped when they were re-set, the home owner called us to inspect and find the problem.
When I arrived and saw indoor wire strung under the eves of the roof and attached to the house with bent over nails, I went no further than the phone and called the homeowner.
The whole time I was there, the tenant explained to me how the work in question was performed by a “certified” electrician. I suspect the tenant ( a remodel carpenter) was responsible for the work. He had knowledge of all the splices and joints and even explained the breaker panel breaker sizing to me.
Well, I explained to the owner the fire hazards and the safety/shock hazards. The work in question needed to be removed and proper materials used to install the circuits. Also, the city would require a permit and inspection since the work had never been inspected by an electrical inspector.
All in all, the work was done twice. The 1st time was supposedly inexpensive, but dangerous. The second time the work was safe and had a 5 yr warranty. Done twice, twice the cost. Next time, please call a licensed electrical contractor before making this expensive mistake.
Jeffries electric has great residential electric repairs and commercial electric repairs. We install 200 amp panels and replace federal breaker panels. We install landscape lights and recessed lights. We fix electrical plugs and electrical switches and 3 way switches. we are your Denton electrician, Coppell electrician, lewisville electrician, highland village electrician, Frisco electrician, Plano electrician, corinth electrician. We fix gfci plugs and repair breakers. We install whole house surge protector. Licensed electrician and insured electrician. Add phone outlets. We repair landscape lights. We fix light switches. Install ground rod. Electric repair work should be performed by a licensed electrician. Be safe and turn off the breaker first.